Party Smart and Party Safe! Budlight Escapade Music Festival is happy to partner with these great organizations for #Escapade2018! Take a look at some of our partners and useful information.
Rules and Regulations
- Single Compartment Camelbacks (Maximum size 70oz and must be empty upon arrival)
- Fanny packs, Small Purses, and Drawstring bags (Subject to security search)
- Point and shoot, non-professional cameras
- Illuminated or glowing jewelry
- Kandi, Kandi masks
- Flags and banners
- Prescription medication (you must have the prescription in your name with you)
- Sunscreen (Must be Sealed)
- Water Guns (Must be Empty)
- Small towels
- GoPros (Handheld, head & chest mounts are permitted)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a security upon entry)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Sealed packs of gum
WHAT OBJECTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON SITE?
- No Illegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- No Weapons of any kind
- No outside liquids or food
- No object that can be used as a projectile
- No flammable items or liquids including aerosols and fireworks
- No Selfie Sticks or Camera Poles
- No animals
- No professional cameras (cameras with detachable lenses)
- No chairs
- No laser pointers
- No coolers, thermos, containers or bottles
- No large backpacks/bags (There will be a bag check available for $5.00)
- No air horns
- No video cameras or audio recorders
- No musical instruments
- No umbrellas, chairs, blankets, sleeping bags or tents
- No megaphones
- No beach balls, soccer balls, baseballs, etc…
- No gang colors or gang wear that represent criminal activity
- No bicycles
- No skateboards
- No rollerblades
- No tents
Ottawa Public Health
WILL THERE BE EMERGENCY STAFF ON SITE?
Yes, there will be Ottawa Police, paramedics and an ambulance on site to assist in any emergency. There will also be a first aid tent for minor accidents and injuries.
IF I GET SICK OR HURT, WILL THERE BE FIRST AID AVAILABLE?
Yes. While we have made every effort to ensure that the Escapade events will be a safe environment, accidents do happen. A First Aid Tent with trained personnel will be set-up to treat minor injuries or illness. If you are in need of assistance, find one of our Public Safety Personnel or any Heineken Escapade Staff. They will be able to guide you to the First Aid Tent.
If you have special medical needs, we encourage you to register at the First Aid Tent upon arrival. If you do require treatment during the day, you will be required to sign a “Consent To Treat” form. You must be 18 years or older to sign for yourself. If you are not 18 or older, please bring an adult with you. Please keep your “Consent To Treat” form with you at all times if an adult does not accompany you. No one under 18 will be treated without adult permission or a signed “Consent To Treat” form.
If the First Aid Tent is busy, and your complaint is minor, you may be asked to wait. Please be patient, there may be someone else in more need of treatment. You will be advised if our staff feels it is necessary for you to seek further treatment in the local hospital or Emergency Room. Please note that you are responsible for supplying insurance information. It is also your responsibility, not the Heineken Escapade Staff’s, to provide transportation to the hospital unless the injury requires an ambulance. You will also be responsible to provide your transportation back to the Budlight Escapade.
RECOMMEND PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Avoid overexposure to the sun.
• If you see an emergency vehicle, get out of the way immediately!
• Bring all the prescription medications you normally take with you and keep them with you at all times.
• Eat substantial meals to provide your body with enough energy.
• If you have problems with dust or allergies, please bring your medication.
• We will only plug in ventilators or other necessary medical equipment.
• If you are reporting to the First Aid Tent to inform them of someone else’s injuries, please look around you carefully before you leave the victim. Take note of landmarks so you can make your way back quickly.
PLEASE REPORT TO THE FIRST AID TENT IMMEDIATELY IF
• You have a cut and cannot stop bleeding.
• You have something in your eye.
• You experience dry mouth, light-headedness, blurred vision, or severe headaches.
• You are having difficulty breathing with or without chest pain.
• You have a burn from any other source other than the sun.
• You experience any type of seizure activity.
• You are experiencing vomiting or diarrhea or extreme stomach pain.